In the last year, I’ve had situations where service-based business owners have asked me to review their existing websites. Because they are disappointed that they weren’t getting the kind of results, that they had imagined they would get when they had their websites designed.
My first question to them is, during the design process with their web designers, were their marketing plan goals aligned with the design blueprint? And more often than not, I’m told that they really just wanted a website that was beautiful and one that advertised what they could do.
Here are some important tips to focus on during and throughout the design and implementation process:
- How is your website going to fit into your marketing plan?
- How is your website going to work as a tool in bringing in substantial business?
- How are you going to invite potential clients to your network even if they don’t immediately buy from you?
- How can you instantly speak to your potential clients’ needs?
- How can visitors have a pleasant experience on your website?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a nice looking website but here are some other important factors to help make a website a strong marketing machine:
- Having a website that spoke to the potential client’s perspective in meeting their needs.
- Having a website that was completely functional.
- Having a website that reflected and paralleled your business and marketing plans and goals.
Our Gift to You
Get our FREE Special Report: Is Your Website Working For You? 7 important questions to ask yourself about your website!