First let’s start with understanding the purpose of SEO: SEO is to
- Create a great, seamless user experience.
- Communicate to the search engines your intentions so they can recommend your website for relevant searches.
Generating a consistent source of website traffic is the foundation of every online business. Search engines want to do their jobs as best as possible by referring users to websites and content that is the most relevant to what the user is looking for.
Here are 5 key elements search engines are looking for:
- Quality Content: Great content created specifically for your intended user encourages the viewer to link to your page and increases site traffic, which improves your site’s authority and relevance. SEO is based and shows how interesting and authoritative the page ranks which leads to search engine success.
- Performance: Determining how fast your site performs and if you need to speed up your site so it works properly to get your page load time down to less than one second for mobile devices.
- Website: User Experience is key and keeping your site current and easy to navigate is a great way to maintain your position. Take time to improve the visual appeal of your brand by optimizing the layout of your site to engage viewers and help reduce high bounce rates.
- Make it link-worthy: “Click here” has no search engine value beyond the attached URL. Focus on making sure your site has good enough content by writing out the text of the name of the destination. Rich keywords will improve your search engine rankings as well as the ranking of the page you are linking to.
- Social Media: Building your presence on social media is a ranking factor that search engines clearly view as an authority brand. Adding social media links and share button links on your site allow your viewers to like and share your content and may help to boost and sustain your rankings over the long term.
Search engine optimization is a long-term process that doesn’t generate results overnight. Realistically, it could take a few months before you start reaping the benefits of your SEO labor.
These are just some strategies to implement how SEO ranking can make a difference in your business. As a marketing agency, we understand and focus on how search engines work. We have the tools to effectively manage and nurture your ranking, maximizing your search engine optimization. To find out how to communicate to the search engines to improve your SEO ranking and how to get started contact us here.